When African-American people truly have a reached true accomplishment as a community:
- We will have a presence in the marketplace—the realm of business, trade and economics where we are creating opportunities for other people who look like us. Most of not many of these business will be in our own communities.
- We will hold positions of influence in local government, on school boards and in banking. We will have banks owned and run by African-Americans in our communities.
- We will make connections with leaders as leaders so that we can employ, provide services, train and hire skilled workers.
- We will write and publish our own narratives via television broadcasts, books, newspapers, and magazines. We will also own and manage these companies.
- We will acknowledge each other with respect and love despite differences
- We will look out for each other being our brother’s and sister’s keeper—policing our communities and looking out for the children as if they were our own.
- We will create art forms and artistic expressions that edify and admonish our people toward progress.
- We will provide education for our own children with a complete curriculum that teaches African rituals and cultural competence, spirituality, community activism, African history before the diaspora and African-American history, rites of passage, counter-racism, political science, health care and nutrition for people of color (there is a difference), problems solving, and money management. These schools will also be equipped to address our social emotional needs. Students will learn to know themselves and how to further their own best interest.
- We will unite in an unwavering commitment to each other
This is what the picture for accomplishment truly looks like for African-Americans in American society. . The question is not what are they doing? The question is what am I doing to accept personal responsibility to create this picture for accomplishment? This list has no end. There is room for your innovative ideas.
How will you contribute toward the betterment of our people for generations to come? Will future generations want to honor you with thanksgiving for work you did with them in mind? Even under the tremendous oppression and affliction of our forefathers they tenaciously accomplished much. With all of the resources, opportunities, and freedoms available to us now–what will we do?
Authentic thoughts are thoughts that are genuine and sincerely expressed. Authentic thoughts reverberate with other authentic individuals so they have an irresistible urge to ponder and or respectfully respond from their own unique perspective.
Express your authentic thoughts. Post a comment. I welcome your valued perspective. Thank you in advance.
In love and peace,