“If it is possible for ostracization, disinclusuion or non-belonging to be a consequence of any type of behavior there was no belonging in the first place.”
“Had I found a sense of belonging in all the places where I wanted to be accepted I would never have arrived to where I am today. Though painful at the time, I am truly thankful to all those who rejected me!” Dr. Free
The path of awakening can be very tumultuous. My hope is that the following will encourage you and help to broaden your sense of peace. Becoming conscious or waking up is definitlely life changing–to say the least!! As we change due to our awakening it is important to be true to ourselves as we face the challenges of not belonging in places where we used to “allegedly” fit in.
If we present anything less to the world than our authentic self, know we will not fit in and that’s really okay. True belonging comes when we abandon trying to live up to the expectations of others. Only, when are honest with ourselves about who we are can we then demonstrate that person to the world.
These five things helped me to move forward after awakening along my journey. Hopefully they will help you:
(1) Regardless of who does or who does not accept you remember you are always one with source. You can never be cut away or isolated from source. You are source and it is you. It is in source that we live move and have our being.
(2) Be yourself. Inauthentic people usually find themselves hiding under the veil of manipulation hindered by the conditional love of others. When we are unapologetically who we are eventually we will attract people who accept us in our authenticity.
(3) You are not alone. There are countless people going through the awakening process. They are experiencing many of the same stressors and pains as you may be. Recently, I was able to encourage a sister on-line who had recently walked away from Christianity. I know what that feels like. We had never met but in her honest vulnerability, pain, and authenticity she attracted me to herself. I told her…
I understand exactly where you are and how awkward, uncomfortable, outcast, etc that you may feel. I’ve been there! It probably sounds to easy compared to Christianity, but simply follow your heart and do what feels right for you with no guilt or apology. Awakening is a process. Be patient with yourself. Enjoy the never-ending journey of enlightenment. Give yourself permission to ask as many questions as you need to and just be. The answers will come. You will attract to you what you need outside of yourself at just the right time. Otherwise, the answers that you need are within you. Peace, love and light to you.
(4) The changes of the awakening process can cause you to feel isolated and alone. The feelings of loneliness can be minimized if you determine to notice the similarities you share with others rather than highlighting the differences. This may be challenging in the beginning of your awakening process. When we begin to awaken at first all we see is contrast but it will be easier to accomplish in time. Conscious or not you are still human and so are the people in the world. We are personally accountable to the way we treat others. Our feelings and actions toward others are actions are actions and feelings turned inward. The Law of Divine Oneness states that we are all connected, we are all one. We are all part of a whole. That means that all of humanity, all of nature and all of God (Source, All) are one.
5) Self acceptance is crucial to your progress. The awakening process can make you feel like you are looking in the mirror at a stranger. Everything seems different now as you have come into your true self outside of the matrix. Sudden change can sometimes be hard to manage especially when the personal change is dramatic. Nonetheless, accept who you are and celebrate your personal evolution. Get excited about your life! Put more emphasis on where you are and the wonderful future that lies ahead rather than mourning the past. The past had purpose bless it and let it go. There are no accidents, no time has been wasted, and you are right where you need to be in your journey. Embrace it. Try not to be so hard on yourself.
Thanks for reading. Share your thoughts. Post a comment.
Authentic thoughts are thoughts that are genuine and sincerely expresses. Authentic thoughts reverberate with other authentic individuals so they have an irresistable urge to ponder and or respectfully respond from their own perspective.